Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Tell us your story!!

So many of you have an incredible story to tell. A journey you've been on and running or walking has been an important part of that journey. We LOVE hearing these stories - it's actually one of the favorite parts of our job! Knowing that Fleet Feet Sports and what we love to do has helped transform someone's life or make a difference in some way, shape or form is truly an incredible feeling.

We want to hear your story. We want everyone else to hear your story. Stories are meant to be told and shared and used to inspire and motivate others. Whether you want to believe it or not, YOUR story - yes you - can help someone. So whether you've gone from couch potato to marathoner, or you've shed pounds or you've gained self-esteem - we want to hear from you.

We'll select our favorites, and post to this blog.

If you're interested in sharing your story, please do the following:

1. Put together a piece that tells your story - it can be as long or as short as you wish!
2. Find a picture - whether it's of yourself or something else - that captures your story best!
3. Email both of these to marketing@fleetfeetgaithersburg.com - ATTN: BLOG POST!

We'll be sure to contact you if we have any questions & we'll let you know when/if your story gets selected!

Here's an awesome example from Thai - that shows what type of submissions we are looking for:

MEET THAI

 

It's been a little over a year since I started running with Fleet Feet (since the summer of 2013). I repeated No Boundaries I twice at the time because, even though I completed my 5K race, I wasn't comfortable with the distance. Once No Boundaries II was created I signed up for that and like an avalanche I took the 10K program twice and just now completed the 10-Miler program - successfully running the Army 10 Miler.

Thai with his new Fleet Feet/Fitness friends!

In addition to running, thanks to the Ton of Fun program, I've also signed on with Foundry Fitness. I've lost a total of 55 pounds since I've started this healthier living. It hasn't been easy; there have been walls and plateaus almost every week it seems. But with the help of all of my new friends that I've made over this past year I've been able to stay on track.

Come join me as I help assistant coach the No Boundaries II program or wave and say "Hi" if you see me running around the area or in a class at Foundry. I'll be taking the Half Marathon training program starting in 2015, as I aim to take down my first half in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment